Wednesday, March 01, 2006

SDAs

Same day appointments...yup...that was my day. Here are the highlights:
1. Bronchiolitis in a 5 month old...the minute I walked in the room and heard his cough, I knew it was bronchiolitis, likely RSV. 'Tis the season!
2. Dog bite in a 2yo...they're getting rid of the dog!
3. Recurrent Henoch-Schonlein purpura with possible renal involvement...this was a tough one...spent most of the afternoon tracking down her old records, talking to her PCP and interpretting her lab results from our visit this morning...thank god for no-shows, otherwise I wouldn't be going home any time soon.
4. Diarrhea
5. Diarrhea
6. Diarrhea
7. More diarrhea
8. Vomiting
'Tis the season! Watch out for that rotavirus...

1 comment:

Fat Doctor said...

I came here from my own blog, where you posted a comment, and I just read every one of your entries. Gave me goosebumps to remember my own rotation through the NICU when I was an intern, or, even scarier, my NICU nights watching my son's chest rise and fall and hoping it never stopped. I'm linking to your site. Let me know if that's not OK.